Frequently asked questions
- What is Locker in the City?
- What kind of lockers does Locker in the City offer?
- Do I need to book in advance?
- Do I have to make my reservation over the internet?
- What can I keep in my locker?
- What is prohibited to store in my locker?
- It seems easy and convenient, but is it secure?
- Is my luggage insured?
- How do I know if Locker in the City has any lockers available?
- How long can I hire a locker for?
- When can I access the locker I have hired?
- Once the luggage has been deposited, can I access the locker again?
- What is the price for hiring a locker per day?
- How do the lockers operate?
- Can I use the locker for someone else to collect the items I have deposited or to collect goods they have bought?
- How long can I stay on the premises?
- Can I take photos or record videos within the premises?
- Can I eat within the premises?
- What can I do if I have any problems using the locker?
- Can I modify the reservation or cancel it?
What is Locker in the City?
Locker in the City is an automated service that offers the opportunity to hire lockers for 1 to 365 calendar days, 365 days a year.
What kind of lockers does Locker in the City offer?
Locker in the City offers three types of lockers:
- Small lockers (M), measuring 30 cm (11.8 in) (high) x 40 cm (15.7 in) (wide) x 85 cm (33.4 in) (deep). These lockers will hold, approximately, 1 hand luggage suitcase and 1 backpack.
- Medium lockers (XL), measuring 50 cm (19.68 in) (high) x 40 cm (15.7 in) (wide) x 85 cm (33.4 in) (deep). These lockers will hold, approximately, 3 hand luggage suitcases and 2 backpacks.
- Large lockers (XXL), measuring 60 cm (23.62 in) (high) x 40 cm (15.7 in) (wide) x 85 cm (33.4 in) (deep). These lockers will hold, approximately:-– Option A: 1 large suitcase and 1 hand luggage suitcase and 1 backpack. – Option B: 4 hand luggages.
Do I need to book in advance?
Yes, reservations must be made in advance and they will be valid from the moment they are made. This means a reservation can be made at the last minute, at the time you need the locker. Or a reservation can be made in advance when you are planning your trip. You decide!
Free WiFi is available within our premises to make it easier for you to make a reservation, without using your own data.
Do I have to make my reservation over the internet?
Yes, you must make your reservation over the internet, as it is not possible to pay in cash on the premises. The booking process will only take 1 minute and our website is fully adapted to mobile phones (smartphones) and tablets.
What can I keep in my locker?
You can keep anything that fits inside the hired locker, with the exception of prohibited items. Remember that with Locker in the City you pay per hired locker and not per item, so you can leave as many items as will fit in your locker.
What is prohibited to store in my locker?
- All objects whose mere possession or trafficking is illegal (such as stolen objects, drugs, pornographic materials or those that are in any way denigrating for human beings, etc.).
- Objects whose possession requires a licence, without said licence or authorisation also being deposited (such as, for example, weapons and/or ammunition).
- Any type of material that is polluting or dangerous (such as flammable objects or dangerous substances).
- Animals of all types or any other kind of living being.
- Food cannot be placed in the lockers, except for packaged food that cannot spill, stain the locker or produce odours of any kind in the Locker in the City premises.
It seems easy and convenient, but is it secure?
Yes, totally. The Locker in the City premises are protected by PROSEGUR. All our premises have video surveillance cameras and alarm systems connected to a Monitoring Centre, which is connected to the police 24 hours a day.
The lockers have advanced alarm systems fitted, to detect whether someone is trying to force them or open them improperly.
Is my luggage insured?
Locker in the City has signed an insurance contract with AXA Seguros Generales in favour of the users. In the unlikely event that your baggage is stolen or damaged, the policy covers losses for damage and/or theft up to €1,000 per bag (a police report must be submitted). We recommend not to store items exceeding this value.
This insurance does not cover the loss of money, jewellery, precious stones or metals, watches, plasma screens and in general technological items (LCD, GPS navigators, cell phones, computers, tablets), art objects, antiques, memory cards or any other medium that contains data or images.
Keep in mind that your travel documents as well as personal documents (passport, driver's license, etc.) are stored at your own risk and responsibility.
How do I know if Locker in the City has any lockers available?
A través de la página web www.lockerinthecity.com podrás conocer la disponibilidad de consignas para los días deseados.
How long can I hire a locker for?
When can I access the locker I have hired?
Lockers will be accessible to the User for hiring every day of the week. The User will not be able to access the lockers outside these hours as the premises where they are located will be closed.
Once the luggage has been deposited, can I access the locker again?
You can access the hired locker as many times as you want or need to during the locker hire period and during the permitted access times. Therefore, if you have forgotten something, or if you want to add more bags or if you need to access your locker during the hire period, you can do so without any problems, as long as it is during the opening times of the premises.
What is the price for hiring a locker per day?
The price for a locker will be indicated on our website when you complete the contract, you will be able to benefit from the discounts on offer at that time.
The prices shown on the website include VAT and refer to the hire of a locker (depending on its size) per calendar day.
How do the lockers operate?
Lockers provided by Locker in the City are completely automatic. You can make the reservation through our website www.lockerinthecity.com, providing your personal information, number and size of lockers you wish to hire, and the reservation period. Once the contract is completed, you will receive contract confirmation, the number of reserved locker(s) and the security key(s) for accessing the premises and the hired locker(s)
Therefore, you will have access to the premises and your locker(s) through the security codes provided by Locker in the City when you make your reservation.
Can I use the locker for someone else to collect the items I have deposited or to collect goods they have bought?
No, it is not permitted to store items that must be collected by a third party. The lockers must not be used as a means of trafficking goods between parties. This use is not authorised by Locker in the City.
How long can I stay on the premises?
You can access the premises and stay there for the sole purpose of accessing the locker you have hired and only to carry out the actions relating to the items deposited in the locker. You cannot stay on the premises longer than is strictly necessary, for purposes such as resting, sleeping, talking on the phone or surfing the internet.
Can I take photos or record videos within the premises?
For security and confidentiality reasons it is strictly forbidden to take photographs or record videos within the Locker in the City premises or of the security measures in the premises (video surveillance cameras, lock systems, screens, etc.). If this rule is breached for suspicious purposes, the police may be notified to safeguard the safety of all users.
Can I eat within the premises?
No, to ensure greater cleanliness, users are asked not to eat or drink beverages on the premises.
What can I do if I have any problems using the locker?
Can I modify the reservation or cancel it?
Yes, provided that the modification or cancellation is carried out at least 24 hours in advance of the date the reserved service commences.